Saturday, 18 August 2012

People are selfish

Too clingy, too full of it. Usually it's one of those two.
Then there are the exceptions.

Clingy: Jill. aka Star or Stariaria. I could see why I used to like talking to her/hanging out with her... I was just like her up until two months ago. And I can see why I pissed people off on YouTube. Or rather, made them feel uncomfortable. She'll message me randomly about day-of meetings that I'm totally not prepared for, makes me buy expensive things that are obviously out of my budget (I am making DAMN GOOD USE of that phecking banana hair clip, even if half the time it doesn't match my wardrobe. It was $16 after a 60% discount. I'm MAKING it count!) because they're pretty and she likes them (even though she's not the one wearing them), she'll always start a self-centered, depressing topic. Usually it's about how "over-protective" and "bad" her parents are. I've met her mom, okay? She's a nice lady. I'm sure her dad's a nice guy, too, just a bit on the paranoid side. The girl just needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her. It gets to the point where Tina actually forces the subject to change because even she gets uncomfortable about it. (Tina has worse problems than me and Jill combined. And yet she never speaks of her problems, or her life before her foster parents took her in.) If she's told she needs to change to a happier topic, she always gossips about others. Or raves about an artist I don't know. Or Kuroko... which I also don't watch for good reason.

And of course... since I'M the only one who bothers to listen to her (you fucking idiot), she always comes to ME with her small accomplishments, complaints and whatnot.... even though she blogs about it on Tumblr. (HELL, SHE MESSAGES ME THE LINK TO HER TUMBLR POST VIA TUMBLR PM.) I don't need to know about your feels 24/7, man. Pheck off.

I'm probably an evil person for ranting about her in the first place, but that girl needs to learn to GROW UP and (WO)MAN UP. She needs to learn that, one day, we might not be there for her, because we'll grow sick and tired of her saying the same things over and over again like a broken record.

She always talks about moving out when she goes to uni. She's only grade 11. She doesn't even know what university to go for. (All she knows is that it's a university in North America.) She has no idea of what she wants to do with the rest of her life, other than leave a house that she personally believes in her mind is the worst place on Earth. But, one day, she will realize just how much her parents loved her... and possibly will still love her... She will realize that she was immature and melodramatic in the way she lived her life. She will realize that she made a typhoon out of light rain. If she doesn't grow up soon, she will regret the first half of her young adult life forever.

---

Full of it: Alexia (plus others who I have met through the music/anime community). We're talking about the girl who only ever spoke about her weird relatives, the connections she had/has with those said relatives, and whatever she wanted to buy from the mall recently. If she DID decide to go off topic, she would complain about how annoying Leo Chan was in her apartment building with his "sub-par" bass practice that would go for hours on end.

...Last year, Leo Chan died of Meningococcal Meningitis. He was infected for 4 days before he died at the Royal Columbian Hospital. A memorial was set up for him in our hometown of Coquitlam, another one at his school, Simon Fraser University: Burnaby, and a scholarship was set up by the university for social science students in his name.

Whether it be out of guilt or because the social component of her brain is the size of a pea, Alexia goes along with this.

A few weeks ago, Alexia had the gall to ask me to go out of town to sign a petition. A petition. For what? A vaccine for Meningococcal Meningitis.

...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

If it were any other person, I'd probably ask the person to sign my name for me and forge my signature. But, it's Alexia.

How DARE you act like a fucking good Samaritan when all you ever did to Leo was give him the cold shoulder and say horrible things about him behind his back? How DARE you be so full of yourself? How DARE you try to fill up that empty hole in your heart by taking advantage of your neighbour/schoolmate's death? How. Fucking. Dare. You.

The ONLY ones who have a right to give a tribute to his existence and life are his family and friends. REAL friends. The friends who were in Music Council, Band and Choir with him. The friends who were in the pit band with him during the production of The Wedding Singer. The ones who were actually NICE to him. The ones who actually CARED about him.

You, Alexia, are not ANY of that. You're a neighbour who hated the fact that he practiced his bass guitar all night long. You have no right.

And the sad part? She's older than Jill by 4 or 5 years.

----

And let us not forget the random people I have met through my musical antics in the anime community.

Laurie: Could barely sing Just Be Friends, piano version, during C&E Idol 2011. I won first place that year. A year later, I have a really bad concert because of the audience feedback. (I need audience feedback. I freak out otherwise.) She has the gall to come up to me from behind, and give me "constructive criticism" and "suggestions on how to warm-up" when she didn't even listen to the concert in its entirety, in the audience, in the Convocation Mall of SFU Burnaby. AND, she kept singing in front of me. You say ALL THAT CRAP to me, and THEN you sing in my face? Do you WANT a slap in the face? Are you taunting me? I fucking cried my eyes out after you said all that to me, PLUS other things that happened that were related to the performance. But, nobody but Tony saw, because I made SURE that I ran like high hell up those bazillion stairs to the koi pond, away from the crowd of the festival, so that as little people as possible would see me cry.

Are you jealous of me? Because guess what? You should be. Damn right, you should be.

Thank you for showing me just how good of a singer I am, after all those years of doubt.


Tyler: A busker who performs somewhere on Granville Street in Downtown Vancouver. When I first met him, his attitude startled me. His voice was loud, boisterous... even more so than me. His words had an edge to them... They weren't the most pleasant words to listen to half the time. And he's a hippie... or a hippie wannabe... or a hippie who wants to be a humanitarian but obviously doesn't know enough shit about the world to make an educated decision about this wonderful land of ours. (I swear, sometimes I thought he was American.) He has a good heart and probably good intentions, but he's very full of himself. All he knows is music... and that's all he ever talks about. It was fine when we were on the bus and Skytrain. For a bit. Then we get to Anime Revolution. His random weaboo-like/noob comments were the worst of our image problems, it seemed.

There was a violin busker there. He said that he finally felt comfortable because there was someone playing Classical music. How DARE YOU say that? (Don't say shit about "no formal training" to me when you just said Classical music.) If you don't like the place, the GTFO. No one's making you stay. If you wanna go, tell Tony, and he'll probably let you go. (Seeing as you didn't even jam with us at the con, even after you made all that big deal about being able to play by ear, etc.)

Shortly after our first jam session, it seems like it's going to rain. (We were outside.) So, we scurry on in, carrying Tony's keyboard in with us. Before we got kicked out by one of the staff members, we met up with two members of an anime cover artist band. We invite them to play a song with us. (I ended up doing several with the guitarist alone.) As the guitarist sets up and tests out his guitar, his last three strings are a bit flat. Whatever. I didn't mind. It still sounded good when he strummed it.

Then Tyler says: "Wow, that's totally out of tune, man."

....

When will you ever shut the fuck up?

I was SURE to shoot him a glare. Too bad he was too dazed too notice.

My respect for the guitarist just multiplied tenfold when he barely even fazed and said that he didn't want to bring out his tuner. Tyler continues to be a smartass and say "Oh, you're supposed to tune by ear" or some shit like that.

He does.

I help.

He didn't have to turn the dials that much.


Look, I'm all for talented musicians, okay? But, don't talk big when you have nothing to show for it. At least Tony TRIES with the new songs he's learning. And he JUST got into Vocaloid. You're not even MAKING the effort to even LEARN about the music I listen to, or what other people at the convention listen to. You need to shut your fucking mouth until you learn to be a bit more open-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment